SHILLONG November: Health Minister A.L. Hek on Monday launched the 108 Citizen Android App at the medical centre in Shillong.
Dedicated it to the citizens of the state, the Minister also acknowledged the initiative taken by GVK EMRI Meghalaya and congratulated them in making the access to emergency services better.
According to GVK EMRI, the App will be providing immediate support to people in need of emergency service and reducing the response time in way of making use of technology in a simple yet effective way.
The 108 GVK EMRI Meghalaya Android App is an technically advanced approach to provide immediate support in case of Medical, Police and Fire Emergencies 24 X 7 and absolutely free of cost as the conventional way but now just with a finger tip in Android environment, statement said.
The main Idea behind the Development of such technical advancement is to reduce the response time for each and every Emergency/IFT case And to get the valuable feedback for the service from the users in real time to share their experience with us which will be evaluated to provide the best in class service delivery.
• Easy to Install and use in any smart phone. Only few steps for registration and absolutely free of cost.
• It can access users real time GPS location
• once the user calls using the 108 Meghalaya App his/her location will be shared by our ERO with the Ambulance team nearest to that location which will reduce the response time.
• Once the ambulance assigned users will be provided online Confirmation of Case ID and Vehicle information in the App itself.
• Users can provide feedback for each and every case assigned for him/her to share their experience.
• It can be used in 2G/3G/4G all types of network with a working internet connection.
The APP can be Download and Installed From the Google Play Store. It is available as “The 108 GVK EMRI MEGHALAYA App”