Houses Gutted, Assets Worth Lakhs Lost In Jaldi Village Fire

Tura, Dec 12: At least 20 houses were gutted an Bhandaripokhari d property worth lakhs lost in a massive fire which broke out in Jaldi village under Nongalbibra PS in South Garo Hills (SGH) last night.

The fire that allegedly took place was due to an electrical short circuit, Preliminary investigations pointed out.

According to information received, the fire took place at the main bazaar of the village though they were no human casualties from the accident.

“Around 22 houses were gutted in the fire which took place at around 9:30 pm. However quick reaction by the civilians, police and fire service teams ensured the fire was put out quickly,” said superintendent of police SGH, Abraham T Sangma.

The SP also added the quite a few people suffered minor injuries (cuts and bruises) while trying to escape the fire with only one woman being taken to the nearby PHC for first aid.

Door Step Delivery Of Medicine

We Advertise

S

  • Phone
    7085718589
  • Email
  • Address
    Office: Lower Lachumiere Near Pear Tree Guest House
    Shillong, 793001
    For Advertisements
    Call Us Here 98634-49079/7085718589