SHILLONG, Mar 1: The Indian navy and army personnel deployed for rescue operation in the illegal rate-hole mine in East Jaintia Hills have been recalled by their respective “high commands”.
Informing this on Friday, spokesperson of the rescue operation, R Susngi said that the Indian navy divers will be going back by Saturday on the instruction they recieved from their high command.
“The Indian Army also side by side are leaving on recieve of a call from higher authority,” Susngi said.
It may be mentioned that after the 15 victims were trapped inside the illegal coal mine in Ksan village on December only two bodies were retrieved so far.
One body was the of Amir Hussain of Chriang district of Assam and the other of Dimonme Dkhar of Lumthari village, East jaintia Hills.
Meanwhile the Coal India Limited comtinued to pump out water since Thursday evening and till Friday evening evening at 5 pm the total discharge of water is 48, 60, 000 litres.
The KSB pumped out water for 32 hours since Thursday evening and till Friday at 5 pm the total discharge of water is 63, 36, 000 litres.
The Kirloskar pump is pumping Out water only from one pump since the other pump developed some technical problem for the last few days. On Friday, it discharged 28, 80, 000 litres of water.
The NDRF and the SDRF are still on the site of the operation and ready to assist other agencies for all purpose.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE from team Shillong Mail