People who had undergone COVID-19 tests furnishes false details

SHILLONG, Aug 5: The State government on Wednesday has expressed concern over the fact that certain people who have undergone testing for COVID-19 are furnishing personal details which are fake.

Deputy Chief Minister, Prestone Tynsong said that some people who had undergone the tests submitted fake mobile numbers and addresses.

“This happened at the entry points. This means they wanted to hide their address and identity. We found that their phone number did not work when we sent SMS to them for informing about their status,” Tynsong said.

Informing that the government has taken serious note of the issue, the Deputy Chief Minister asked, “Why should people furnish wrong information while fighting COVID-19 not only by the government but by all individuals.”

Tynsong warned that from now on the government will not spare any person who furnishes false statements and action will be taken accordingly as per law.

The Deputy Chief Minister also informed that the government has constituted an inquiry committee on the incident at Ganesh Das Hospital last week.

The inquiry will be headed by Director of Health Services (MI), Dr. Aman Warr and a report have to be submitted within two weeks.

The Deputy Chief Minister also informed that the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Services (NEIGRIHMS) is in the process of setting up of a plasma bank for the interest of the state and entire North Eastern states.

Tynsong also said that despite the government stating that trucks coming from outside the State to pick up vegetable from farmers of Meghalaya should be treated as essential commodities, there are stray incidents of these being stopped by certain groups.

“The government noted this seriously, and sent reminders to the district administrations that trucks are allowed and all concerns should not stop such trucks that fall in the category of essential services,” the Deputy Chief Minister said.

He also informed that on the issue of mortality of pigs in Lamin village, Amlarem civil sub division, West Jaiñtia Hills district, the government has never issued any notification that consumption of pork is not allowed.

“I want to say that no such notification was issued by the government or veterinary department,” he said.

Tynsong said that the State government has not allowed inter-state and inter-district transportation of pigs.

According to him, the government only stated that slaughtering or consumption of pork in Lamin and nearby village is not allowed until the report is out.